Thursday, September 18, 2008

taking a break

Well as I am cleaning down stairs I am sad that I have lost things such as pictures and books that I bought when my children were small, dating back 35 years... then said to myself get over yourself, there are so many people that have more water than us that can not even get back in there homes. On the front page of the news paper yesterday was a women in waders passed her waist, crying as she looks at her home under water and it is higher than her basement.
Also a father in his 70's and his son in his 40's that were killed as they were trying to save a young boy in a near by town that was being swept away. The child was saved, but the men died. So sad here, you sometimes get caught up in your own problems and there are some that are going through so much more. We were one of the lucky ones. I heard at work last night that some houses were blowing up because of gas leaks..... so scary

1 comment:

Lindsey's Mom said...

L - I am so thankful that you are all safe. I feel bad that you lost some of your precious memories - I know you treasure them. Thank you "Zesa" for helping your Mom and Dad. That's what friends and family do - what a blessing that people were there for you when you needed help. The tragic stories do put material things into perspective - it's just "stuff" but they are tied to great memories and WHAT A LOT OF WORK!!!! I'm praying for you sis!!! Love you. C