Thursday, September 18, 2008

The clean up

J took the day off Monday, he went to the insurance co. with the pictures I took to see what they could do for us, they said to just put the wet items separtate from the dry and try to figure out what we lost. They put most of the dry items in the garage and wet thing in the drive way.. I keep thinking that people are going to come by thinking we are having a yard sale. When I got home I went through the containers that had tipped over to see if water got in, then we sorted that stuff.
The next day we both had to go to work, Zesa worked on it all day , she hauled all the big furniture up the stairs by herself, full of water and I'm sure she hurt herself. J got the hot water going and I washed a few things and washed some of the floor before going to bed. The bad part is that some of the area was hit harder than us, so coming home from work was an 1 1/2 hours getting home with the traffic backed up so I did have much time to help. I had to work at 12:30 on Wednesday, so I told Zesa to rest her back because I would be off Thursday & Friday and could work on it. She did not listen, when I got home she had moved things over to one side of the basement, and had scrubbed the walls and floor with soapy bleach water. J helped her to get more of the wet items out side. She then went to T&P"s house to spend the night about 8:30 pm
so she could watch Doogie on Thursday. She will be back on Friday, so I'm going to get as much done as I can so she can rest... she has worked so hard, don't know what I would have done without her. So my day begins, working in a stinky basement.......

1 comment:

Keeker said...

We were heart broken to hear what happened!! We are very sorry. We had a little water in our basement but is does not compare to you.